2018 “I am Greek Life” scholarship
Presented by Greek Life Today
At Greek Life Today, we believe in the power of fraternities and sororities to transform the lives of young people. Our Greek Life scholarship program aims to identify and support one outstanding undergraduate leader who embodies the spirit of fraternity and sorority life — service, scholarship and the pursuit of excellence.
Being a college student is expensive and financial stress can be a major barrier to achieving one’s full potential. Through this program, we hope to alleviate some pressure so that the recipient can focus on what matters most: their studies, their chapter and their community.
$500 for education-related expenses, including tuition, housing, meal plans, books, computers, and/or Greek Life-related expenses.
Opens: February 1, 2018
Deadline to apply: June 1, 2018 at 11:59pm PST
Winner notified: August 1, 2018, with the scholarship to be awarded within 30 days after the decision.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to receive our Greek Life scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an active member of a fraternity or sorority and in good standing with their chapter.
- Exemplify leadership and a commitment to solving problems for the campus community.
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program at an accredited college or university in the U.S. or Canada.
- Have at least one year of undergraduate studies remaining (expected graduation date of April 2019 or later).
- Exhibit a strong record of academic achievement.
- Submit an application.
How to apply?
Send an email to Scholarship@GreekLifeToday.com including the following components:
- Basic information about yourself, including name, school, campus involvement, major, phone number, hometown, expected graduation year. A résumé would suffice, if you have one readily available.
- An essay (max 1,000 words) responding to the following prompt:
- How is your life different because you joined your chapter? How is your chapter different because you joined?
- Two letters of recommendation from the following: professors, advisors, alumni/alumnae, headquarters staff members, or campus employees.
- Most recent transcript. By applying for this scholarship, you give us consent to confirm your admission and attendance by contacting the college or university.
Essays may be published on GreekLifeToday.com with attribution.
- Essays will be reviewed by Greek Life Today, its agents and/or representatives.
- Greek Life Today awards scholarships at its sole discretion. All decisions are final.
- Greek Life Today does not discriminate in any of its policies, procedures, or practices on the basis of race color, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, handicap, veteran status, or medical condition.
Award Payment Process
- A winner will be chosen from the essays submitted.
- The eligibility criteria and any supporting documentation will be thoroughly checked.
- Once the eligibility is verified the award winners will be notified by email and announced on this site.
- The recipient will receive instructions from us about how to receive the award. Failure to complete these steps by the specified deadline will disqualify recipients from receiving the award.
About Greek Life Today
Greek Life Today is on a mission to elevate the fraternity and sorority community by sharing inspiring stories and practical advice from chapters across North America.
Questions and Feedback
You are welcome to contact us with questions or feedback by sending an email to Scholarship@GreekLifeToday.com. We’re happy to address any questions directly related to the Greek Life scholarship, but are unable to respond to other inquiries. We will not respond to spam, barraging messages, or messages that are primarily inflammatory or exploitative in nature.
Official Terms and Conditions
- There is no fee to apply for the scholarship.
- The application process should only be done by the applicant.
- Applications should be in the English language.
- Only completed applications will be considered.
- Only one entry per applicant will be accepted.
- The winning entries will be asked to provide documentation to show that they meet all of the eligibility criteria before awards are processed.
- By participating in this scholarship, applicants give us their express consent to confirm their admission and attendance at the college or university by contacting the institution for verification.
- Incomplete or false information will result is disqualification.
- Contact information for students that are applying for the scholarship will never be sold or shared with any third party.
- Greek Life Today’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Greek Life Today is an independent, privately-held company. Each year, we award a scholarship to an eligible member of a Greek organization.
- The scholarship is designed to supplement, but not replace, federal and state financial aid, employer tuition assistance, and student income.
- Greek Life Today reserves the right to not award the scholarship if there is a lack of quality submissions.
- Scholarships may not be sold, transferred or assigned.
- By participating applicants are giving their consent for Greek Life Today. to contact you via mail, email, and/or phone.
- The winning applicant gives us their express consent to use their name, university, college, Greek Life affiliation and their essay on the GreekLifeToday.com website and for any other promotional purposes, without further compensation of payment to them.
- The scholarship recipient is responsible for payment of any applicable State and/or Federal income taxes due the receipt of the scholarship.